Wednesday, November 18, 2009

EDLD 5352 Section1122 Week 1 Assignment Part 2 Thomas Warlick

According to the Technology Applications Inventory, an area of strength for me in the area of educational technology leadership is a basic understanding of application skills that are necessary to use technology in the classroom. I understand that I must continue to grow as a future campus administrator in the area of educational technology. My weaknesses in the area of technology consist of advanced techniques in communicating using various resources that are available to modern educators. The inventory revealed to me a need to continue to grow in the area of integrating technology resources in the school wide curriculum and helping classroom teachers develop a plan for classroom implementation of technology. In the foundations and information domains, I scored a higher percentage of yes responses in comparison to the problem solving and communication domains. The inventory revealed that I had more experiences in the domains of foundations and information acquisition and pointed out a need for professional development in the other domains.

The State Educational Technology Directors Association (SETDA) teacher survey that I completed is designed to review and evaluate the use and availability of technology resources in a school. The survey asks questions in relation to school and district technology policies that are in place. The goal of the survey is to ensure that technology resources are being used to their maximum potential. As a future school leader the SETDA survey can be used to evaluate a teacher's knowledge and use of technology in the classroom. In my current position as an athletic director my use of technology in the classroom is limited due to my assignment and many of my responses reflect this. I believe the SETDA survey can be used to help teachers develop a professional growth plan to improve the integration of technology in the classroom. The school administrator can use the SETDA to evaluate their need for continuing education to ensure that technology is properly implemented throughout the school wide curriculum. My survey responses revealed to me the need for continued growth in the area of evaluating the integration of curriculum in the classroom.

The surveys were a great tool to evaluate my current knowledge level of educational technology from an administrator's standpoint. As a life-long learner, it is important to continually evaluate the current practices that one is using. These evaluations allow for identification of areas that are needed to be improved to maximize leadership effectiveness.

No comments:

Post a Comment